This week, we wish to deliver your consideration to a content material technique nugget that we’ve been mulling over recently. It’s a bit nerdy, however we figured our fellow content material technique fanatics on the market would have an interest. So allow us to speak, pricey readers, concerning the pretty symbiotic relationship between key and pattern messages.
First, fast refresher on key messages. A key message is a brief sentence or 2 that conveys precisely what you need your viewers to know. Your elevator pitch, so to talk. Each communication product (or marketing campaign or what have you ever) wants at the very least 1 key message — in any other case, we’d all simply be blathering into the void.
Listed below are some examples of key messages:
- The We ❤ Well being Literacy publication affords sensible steering for making well being info simple for folks to know and use.
- Carrying a masks everytime you’re round different folks may help gradual the unfold of COVID-19.
- Cat Heads Throughout America is uniting stakeholders nationwide to discover a treatment for the curse of cat-covered craniums.
So when you’ve received your key messages nailed down, your work is completed, hey? Properly, not so quick. As a result of relying on the undertaking, it might even be useful to develop some pattern messages at this stage. That means, teammates and companions can simply bounce in and use these pattern messages for particular channels, actions, or audiences — and you’ll relaxation assured that your key factors gained’t get mangled in a sport of phone.
Listed below are three potential pattern messages for the important thing messages above:
- Calling well being literacy advocates all over the place! Join our publication at this time to get ideas for creating easy-to-understand well being info.
- Assist #SlowTheSpread of #COVID19 by carrying a masks each time you might want to be round different folks.
- We’re dedicated to discovering a treatment for cat head by 2030. Take a look at our Cat Heads Throughout America marketing campaign to hitch the dialog!
See how the important thing and pattern messages be a part of forces to flesh out in additional element what you’re working with? The pattern messages might house in on completely different conditions, audiences, and platforms — however all of them clearly map again to the unique key messages above.
Pattern messages are particularly helpful in planning outreach campaigns. They may help stakeholders and collaborators get on the identical web page and perceive the way you’ll really use your key messages to speak with your audiences throughout channels.
The underside line: The following time you’re creating key messages as a part of your content material technique, take into consideration inviting some pattern messages to the social gathering, too.