09 Sep The Science of Covid & Its Effect on Pregnancy with Dr. Marta Perez
On this episode of Yoga| Delivery|Infants, I converse with board-certified OB-GYN and Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Marta Perez on what we all know concerning the science of COVID, it’s impact on being pregnant and fetal and neonatal dangers. Dr. Perez helps demystify some of the info and clarifies the results of COVID on the completely different techniques within the pregnant physique. She additionally explains what’s at the moment understood concerning the threat of COVID to infants and creating fetuses.
For many who could really feel overwhelmed and unclear about COVID and being pregnant, this podcast will carry some peace of thoughts and readability.
On this episode:
- Find out about Dr. Perez and a bit about her work as a laborist.
- COVID and Pregnancy! Why we weren’t seeing any distinction between non-pregnant folks and youngsters and now we’re seeing a distinction in how the immune system reacts to COVID.
- The information or analysis supporting pregnant folks tending to be asymptomatic carriers of COVID.
- How the completely different techniques; respiratory and vascular, are effected by COVID.
- Does COVID go by way of the placenta?
- Vertical transmission: the dangers COVID to infants and creating fetuses.
- Child and mum or dad separation: sure or no?
- The background of respiratory illnesses in being pregnant and why the CDC steering is completely different with Covid.
- The quick time, we’ve been dealing with COVID and the info: what has modified in phrases of regards to pregnant folks and the way the info has developed.
- Discussing a current article that confirmed a lower in untimely infants throughout COVID.
- Some common tips that almost all pregnant folks can anticipate when birthing throughout COVID and the significance of checking into the protocols to your hospital.
- When the postpartum immune system is “again to regular” is the postpartum particular person nonetheless at nice threat for covid issues?
- One tip/piece of recommendation for brand spanking new and expectant dad and mom.
- The place you will discover Dr. Perez’s work
About Dr. Perez:
Dr. Marta Perez is a board-certified OB-GYN and Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at WashU College of Drugs in St. Louis, MO. She is captivated with reproductive well being and entry, patient-centered care, and provider-patient communication. This has led her to develop a public, instructional Instagram account the place all folks can discover actual, evidenced-based details about reproductive healthcare, particularly contraception, menstruation, being pregnant, and postpartum. In her free time she enjoys operating, yoga, cooking, and spending time with her husband and adopted canine, Lucy.
Join with Dr. Perez:
Help Our Sponsors:
- If need you to begin dwelling a happier life as we speak. get 10% off your first month by visiting betterhelp.com/ybb Be part of over 1 minion folks taking cost of their psychological well being.
- Sick of planning new meals every evening? Let Inexperienced Chef do the meal planning, grocery purchasing, and most of the prep for you week after week Use my code ybb80 to get $80 off your first month plus free transport on your first field! Go to greenchef.com/YBB80 to redeem and for extra particulars. greenchef.com/YBB80
For those who love what you’ve been listening to, please depart a score and evaluate! Yoga| Birth|Babies
To attach with Deb and the PYC Neighborhood:
instagram & fb: @prenatalyogacenter
Youtube: Prenatal Yoga Center