On this second a part of my interview with Dr. Daniel P. Brown, we discover the second stage of coaching in Mahamudra Pointing Out The Nice Means.
In part 1, we explored the Elephant Path of focus and meditation, which is the primary stage of coaching in Mahamudra Pointing Out The Nice Means.
Particular Supply for One Thoughts Listeners
Dan Brown is making his peak efficiency meditation and focus self-paced on-line course accessible to One Thoughts Listeners a particular 25% low cost. Your buy can even assist the manufacturing of this podcast.
Use the promo code ONEMINDPODCAST at checkout to obtain the particular low cost.
Half 2 – The Neuroscience of Awakening
On this episode, Dan talks in regards to the how the Elephant Path of focus crosses over into the Tibetan mahamudra coaching. Listed below are a number of of the questions we discover:
- What are the challenges that emerge on the greater phases of focus and meditation and the way do you cope with the problems that come up and problem our focus?
- Improvement of self-sense as central organizing precept
- The Coronary heart Sutra
- Judson Brewer’s work on the Neuroscience of Awakening supported by the Fetzer Basis.
- What’s simultaneous thoughts and the cosmic database. These are the woke up state that the sutras are written in.
- How will we faucet into the Cosmic Database?
- What Is Thoughts solely and what does it stand for?
- What are the three maps of consciousness in keeping with Mahamudra?
- What transformation has Dan seen in his college students over time? Alongside what timeline?
- What’s metacognition and why is it so essential? How does metacognition enable you to to keep away from getting misplaced in meditation? How does the trainer assist create that house of metacognition for the scholar within the mentioning approach?
- How does metacognition relate to Western psychology?
Dan is an Affiliate Scientific Professor at Harvard Medical Faculty, a world-renowned Forensic Legislation & Western psychology knowledgeable in addition to a Senior Meditation Grasp in Indo-Tibetan Bon & Buddhism.
Dan has gained greater than 50 years of analysis by synthesizing Western psychotherapy and constructive psychology with Japanese contemplative traditions.
Dr. Brown studied meditation apply for 47 years, together with Patanjali’s Yogasutras and its commentaries within the unique Sanskrit with the nice historian of faith, Mircea Eliade and as a direct meditation apply with Dr. Arwind Vasavada. He studied Burmese mindfulness meditation in Burma with its originator, Mahasi Sayadaw and different masters like Tungpalu Sayadaw and Acchan Cha.
He studied Indo-Tibetan focus and perception meditation with the foundation trainer, Geshe Wangyal, after which with Denmo Loncho Rinpoche and Yeshe Tapgyay, and realized Mahamudra meditation from quite a few Tibetan lamas. He spent 46 years translating meditation texts from Tibetan and Sanskrit .
As a Western psychologist he spent 10 years conducting outcomes analysis on starting and superior meditators, with an emphasis on researching the results of intensive focus meditation and on the character of the woke up thoughts. He has taught intensive meditation retreats internationally for 32 years, alone and in collaboration with plenty of Tibetan meditation masters.
His current curiosity is in meditations designed to stabilize awakening in on a regular basis life and to convey in regards to the flourishing of constructive qualities of thoughts, such because the Nice Completion (Dzogschen) meditations.
He’s the writer of four books on meditation together with Transformations of Consciousness and Pointing Out the Nice Means. He translated the Pith Directions on the A Khrid rDzogs Chen [Great Completion] meditation, and an in depth assortment of essentially the most superior cave and hermitage yogi practices, The Self-Arising Three-fold Embodiment of Enlightenment.
Dr. Brown’s background in each Western psychology and Japanese meditation traditions gives a singular integration of the modern Western analysis on peak efficiency and constructive psychology and the classical Buddhist meditation lineage traditions. He has the one scientific examine figuring out the neurocircuitry of the meditative expertise of woke up thoughts.